- First, hear these sweet words: “One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple…I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.” Psalm 27: 4, 13
To gaze on the beauty of the Lord. I will see the goodness of the Lord. The act of gazing implies looking without haste. Intentionally looking. Yes, life is overwhelming. Life is busy, and hectic, and rushed, and sweeps by us in a blur. Yet still, life is sweeter and richer and fuller when we pause and just gaze. When we purposefully seek out goodness, knowing we will find it if we only look.[With that being said, I’m so thankful for my darling mom and the wisdom that she so greatly possesses to help lead me to thoughts like these.]
2. Brett and I were planning on taking pictures yesterday afternoon. We arrived at the location we were hoping for and I realized that I had forgotten the camera. This really came as no surprise- I have never met anyone as forgetful as I am [not kidding here- it’s legitimately a struggle every single day][am I right, friends and family?]. Since we were out and about, Brett decided that we should make the most of it and chase some fall leaves [refer back to the gazing mentioned above]. While it isn’t peak in Boone yet, we did find this view:
No editing was done to that photo- it was just that beautiful. That’s my home, guys.
3. On this same adventurous afternoon, we made a rather enjoyable stop for fro-yo. Sitting with my husband doing something as simple as this is such a pleasure. That I have a husband to do this with, whenever we want. I just love that.
4. Coffee. I honestly think I have had more coffee this week than I have since school started back, and that is saying something! I just can’t get enough of it, and am constantly seeking a stronger cup. That first sip when you desperately need it- there’s no better taste!
What does top that? Having a cup to match your outfit. [True story, I do this. Brett does too, when he makes my coffee.] While he is under the impression that I don’t need any more coffee cups [he just doesn’t get it], I have found quite a few that I love. These have the most beautiful sayings and are less than $6! I really need one similar to this to warn my students off until I’ve had a full cup. This owl mug is also just precious!
Yes, I want all of them. No, Brett, I won’t buy them all. Just one, or two…ish. 🙂
5. This time last year I was shopping for my wedding dress. We might only have 3 months of marriage behind us, but I already miss the entire process that is an engagement! [It’s a topic that frequently comes up on my Instagram-I find something new to reminisce on all the time!] Lucky for me, my sister-in-law is entering that stage! Tomorrow we begin wedding dress shopping, and I couldn’t be more excited! I loved that phase [even if mine took quite a bit more shopping than the average bride] and I’m so exited to be on this side of the wedding, getting to spoil and love on and help her enjoy every minute!
What made you stop and gaze this week? What was your favorite event? I’d love to hear about it!